A glance at the highlights and learnings from a week in my journey.
Curious for more? Browse through my previous weekly updates.
2023 Oct 9 - 15 • Year progress: 78%
- Successfully implemented the weekly planning routine from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People for the first time.
- Discovered Monika Roscher Bigband and instantly became a fan. Their track 8 Prinzessinnen is a delightful fusion of math-rock, prog-jazz, avant-pop, and experimental electronics. They've quickly climbed to the top of my recent favorites list.
- Even though I love discovering new note-taking apps and experimenting with them, I always come back to Apple Notes. Despite its quirks and lack of features, it feels like home.
During the week
- Took a 3-day trip to Istanbul to visit my parents.
- Shared the second 4-week review of our novel product delivery method at upcoach with the team. It's heartening to witness the positive impact of the new approach.
- Started prepping for upcoach's annual retreat happening next week at Dunyam Event Space Bodrum, brainstorming on ideas and presentations.
- Made headway on Event Sage, an open-source app and user analytics package tailored for Laravel.
- Advanced this website to a stage ready for publishing and sharing.
- Enjoyed a family breakfast on Sunday at a cozy spot, a cherished weekly tradition with my wife and daughters.
- Completed another read of
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, continually discovering new nuggets of wisdom despite it being my third time through.
Although I made good progress on various tasks, I didn't complete the most important task during the week. This led to working extra hours over the weekend, which was stressful. I will do better balancing quadrant one and quadrant two tasks1 the next week.
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.
If you have comments, feedback, or just want to discuss, join the conversation on X. Reply to the thread here →
This is published on Sun Oct 15, 2023 under